Interested in tracing your family history? Now you can!
Gwyneth Pearce from the Toronto Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society wants to let you know about their Fall 2016 lineup of educational events.
Registration is now open for:
- Hands-On Ancestry.ca Library Edition: A three-session course on Wednesday afternoons in September and October on how to use one of the largest databases of Canadian and international genealogical records. Instructor: Carol Nichols.
- Hands-On Early Ontario Land Records: A three-session course on Thursday afternoon/evenings in October to help you learn to use the collections at the Archives of Ontario to document land grants and transactions in Upper Canada. Instructor: Jane E. MacNamara.
- Basic Genealogy and Family History: An eight-week course on Wednesday afternoons from mid-October to early December designed for those just beginning to research their family history or looking to upgrade basic research skills. Instructor: Jane E. MacNamara.
- Introduction to Genetic Genealogy: A new three-session course on Wednesday evenings in October for genealogists with well-researched family trees who wish to confirm and expand them with genetic evidence. Instructor: Linda Reid.
- Putting Your Family Tree On-line: A three-week course on Tuesday evenings in October and November to help genealogists understand their options for putting family information on-line for others to find. Instructor: Marian Press
Click below to view/download posters and flyer for the above events for additional info on this Fall’s educational events. For further information, please visit our Branch website at http://torontofamilyhistory.org/learn.